Australian Heritage Adoption Process and Application
Considering an Australian Heritage Labradoodle for your family?
Please read this entire page before filling out your application...
Making a Reservation:
The first step is to fill out the application and make a deposit.
- Reservations are first come, first serve. Reservations are held once the application and deposit of $300 are received and approved. We will contact you within 48 hours of receiving your online application. If you haven't heard from us within 48 hours, please contact us. If your application is not accepted for any reason, we will contact you and your deposit will be refunded. It is non-refundable deposit.
- We will let you know when a puppy is available. If you are not able or willing to adopt a puppy that you have a reservation for, your deposit will be moved to the next available litter.
Once your reserved puppy is born:
- Australian Heritage Labradoodles will contact you via email with the birth announcement once the puppies are born. At this time, a payment of $1350 is due and purchase agreement must be signed in order to confirm your adoption. As the puppies grow, you will receive emails with updates and puppy pictures, so that you can track their progress.
- we will be getting to know each puppy's individual personality and temperament. This information along with the information you provided on the application helps us to make informed recommendations in matching each puppy with their forever family.
- The puppies will begin going outside to "potty", and be introduced to the crate.
- We will introduce puppy mush, and they will learn to eat from a bowl. This is a combination of formula and canned puppy food.
- The puppies will begin to wean from mom.
- The puppies will receive their first round of immunizations. We now welcome the families to come visit the puppies. We will begin the matching process for each puppy with their forever family. The families are invited to come and observe the puppies, and they are then allocated to families based on a combination of our recommendations, and deposit order.
- At this time, the final payment of $1350 will be due.
- We also ask that travel arrangements be made and paid for at this time, if needed.
Please know that there are no guarantees on color, markings or sex. It is up to genetics as to what puppies we get. We are not custom making stuffed animals, and expect the commitment of becoming a "pawrent" be taken seriously. My puppies are intended to be permanent family members, and compatibility is our top priority! At any time Australian Heritage Labradoodles can refuse the sale of any puppy by refunding the full amount of monies paid, and will do so if we feel it is in the best interest of the puppy. I will not send a puppy home to anyone that demands, or is stubborn about, superficial qualities of a puppy.
Australian Heritage Labradoodles reserves the right to retain a puppy from every litter for our breeding program, or to sell to an outside breeder. This will always be first pick from the litter.
All puppies sold for use as service work dogs will be allocated based solely on testing, specific to the needs of service training. These dogs will be allocated prior to dogs sold as pets.
At 8 weeks old:
- Your puppy will be spayed or neutered, and receive their final health exam. We will keep them for a few days to make sure everything heals up properly. Then they will go home on previously scheduled pick up days.
- Full Payment of $3000 has to be paid and cleared before any puppy will be sent home.
- Flights will depend on availability and will be scheduled 2 weeks prior to go home date. Shipping must be paid prior to the scheduling of the flight.
- If a puppy needs to stay for an extended time after the scheduled pick up days, it must be approved when the puppy is born and the pick up date is scheduled. Extended stay is not always an option as we often plan vacations between litters. Boarding cost is $30 per day, after the scheduled pick up date.
- The best option is always for you to come and meet us to pick up your puppy.
- We can also fly your puppy to you for $400. See details on the pricing and payments page.
Questions to ask yourself before adopting:
- Am I truly ready to add a new baby to my family at this time? Am I prepared to lose sleep, clean up messes, supervise the kids when they're playing with the puppy, go outside in the cold, dark to potty the puppy, arrange meals two or three times daily for several weeks?
- Do I have the time to devote to daily training sessions? Weekly puppy classes? Is there someone at home during the day to spend time with the puppy?
- Am I prepared to sit down and thoroughly read and digest the information the breeder supplies?
- Am I absolutely certain that I am ready? Are the kids ready? Are both husband and wife ready?
When adopting a puppy, you are taking on a lifetime commitment! The average lifespan of an ALD is 12-15 years. These dogs are active and very intelligent. They are also companion oriented, and will need an active social environment, training and exercise. The love and attention you give your puppy will be returned to you many times over!
Throughout this process we are always happy to answer any questions or concerns you may have, and our support doesn't stop when your puppy leaves our home. We offer lifetime support with each one of our puppies and will always be available to help you in any way we can!
If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to email AHLabradoodles@gmail.com.
Ready to Adopt?
Now you can fill out your application below!
Please remember that the deposit has to be made before your reservation will be held.
In submitting an application, you are acknowledging and agreeing to the above guidelines.